As a parent, you can breathe a sigh of relief knowing your child is at the safest and most interactive after school program around! Club K After School Zone has transformed traditional after school programming in so many ways. The day goes by fast because we offer a unique balance of academic enriching and FUN activities along with the necessary recreation and quiet time that students crave after spending a day in the classroom.
Here are just a few examples of what we call the Club K After School Zone DIFFERENCE!
- Individualized attention – Club K believes that the key to a great after school experience is staff and student interactions. For that reason, while we follow the state licensing requirements for a maximum student/staff 15:1 ratio, we frequently reduce our ratios to provide developmentally, responsive, and activity appropriate ratios. This ensures that every child receives the time and attention they deserve. Relationships are important to us and we feel confident that you and your child will feel supported and engaged at Club K!
- Enrichment Clubs – Whether it’s Mad Science®, Drama, Sports or a Jr. Teacher Club, students choose a special interest club that meets weekly at their site. Club participation is optional and there is never an extra charge. Clubs give students the opportunity to meet new friends with similar interests and also build emerging skills and confidence along the way!
- Teams by Age – Students are organized into smaller groups by age, activity or interests to maximize their project and hands on learning time. At Club K, smaller group sizes ensure that every child can fully participate in the activity or project and also minimize negative behaviors that can occur in large mixed age group settings.
- We’re on the GO! – Club K After School Zone sponsors field trips throughout the school year on selected no school days. Admission is always FREE and students are transported by chartered bus to ensure the highest level of safety and maximize our time at each venue.
- Zones of FUN! – Each Club K space is organized into Zones and open to students to freely explore during designated times each day. For more information on Zones, click here.
- Weekly Themes – Every week offers something new! The afternoon goes by quickly when there are so many activities to do. Club K offers the type of hands on, interactive projects, activities and experiments that students love! Our staff is always creating fresh curriculum ideas that follow the guidelines and standards of excellence established by the National After School Association (NAA).
To Learn More about a Typical Day at Club K: